EIC Accelerator Challenge
The EIC Accelerator is a program aimed at start-ups and SMEs (or mid-caps only for Equity) that need help finishing the development of new technology, then bring it to market. On top of a non-refundable subsidy component of up to €2.5M for technological development, this program offers the chance to obtain an investment of up to €15M in exchange for company shares, with the intention to strengthen your commercial scale-up.
To find out if this program is right for you, assess the following statements:
- I am a start-up or SME with a strong team of professionals and a clear work plan to bring the technology to market.
- I have an innovative and disruptive idea that will surpass the state of the art.
- The impact of my innovation on the sector is going to be considerable and may even change the rules of the game.
- The innovation can have a positive impact on a social or environmental level.
- The idea is advanced at development level (minimum TRL 5) but there is still risk reaching the market (TRL 9).
- My idea fits with at least one of the program’s challenges.
- The development that lies ahead will last 18 to 36 months and is the responsibility of the company’s internal team.
- It is an idea that raises the interest of market and investors but due to its level of development is still too risky to attract large investments.
Challenges – 523 M€
TRL 5 – TRL 9
Grant – 0,5M€ up to 2,5M€, Intensity 70%
Equity – 0,5M€ up to 15M€ (maximum 25% shares
- Success rate: **
- Preparation time: *****
Technologies for Open Strategy Autonomy:
- Components, technologies, and systems for the pharmaceutical industry
- Strategic healthcare technologies (cell and gene therapies)
- Sustainable and innovative approaches to critical raw materials (CRM)
- New applications of quantum technologies
- Edge computing applications
- Innovative applications making use of data and signals from EU space infrastructures (Galileo, Copernicus, etc.)
- Development of space technologies
- Critical security technologies for secure communication, data security and protection of borders
- Technologies for innovative financial and payment infrastructures and services
Technologies for Fit for 55::
- Higher clean energy conversion and use through energy harvesting, conversion and storage.
- Decarbonisation of hard-to-abate industries
- Energy efficiency and safety in the built environment
- Zero emission mobility solutions
- Climate neutrality in the land use
- Water, gas and indoor air management/monitoring systems
- Green digital technologies
Via Laietana 38, Principal. 08003, Barcelona (Spain)
C/ Mallorca 207 Sobre Ático 2ª 08036, Barcelona (Spain)